Saake Pronunciation Guide

My name is Jennifer because my mom watched a movie and found the heroine's name, one she hadn't heard before, to be "pretty and exotic"There were 6 Jennifers in my circa 1970s first grade class. I guess all of our moms must have watched that same movie.

Our family pronounces Saake as sounding like the two short words "say" (utter words) and "key" (unlock tool). For all the doctor's receptionists who struggle to know how to pronounce our last name (no, it does not sound like a Japanese fermented drink), don't worry, we don't even all agree - my social media "name twin" says that her last name "rhymes with wacky," even though our written names are both Jennifer Saake, spelled exactly alike.

Before he gave me his last name ("say"-"key"), Rick and his family told me that Saake is Finnish. Apparently, any time a name has a doubled identical vowel that gives the "long vowel" sound of its letter name, the name most likely originated from Scandinavia or nearby (like Finland, that isn't technically classified as a Scandinavian country, but borders the region).

I would love to meet you through social media:

main social media page - https://www.facebook.com/HarvestingHope
Specialty pages:
    infertility / loss page - https://www.facebook.com/HannahsHopeBook
    stroke - https://www.facebook.com/StrokieGal
    current book project on church deception - https://www.facebook.com/DeceptionUnmasked
Pinterest - @InfertilityMom
Twitter - @InfertilityMom
Instagram - @InfertilityMom

My books:

Read more about infertility, miscarriage, adoption loss, and my first book, Hannah's Hope, at JenniferSaake.blogspot.com/2021/04/hannahs.html

 
Please enjoy a free pdf version of the introduction, my personal infertility / loss story, and the first chapter of Hannah's Hope at www.hannahshopebook.com/media/HannahHopeChapter1.pd

Read about our current book project I am co-authoring with Carolyn Howell, about deception in the church, at JenniferSaake.blogspot.com/2021/04/DeceptionUnmasked.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility, Miscarriage, Adoption Loss

Mom of 3 has 6 Strokes in Her 30s

Memory Challenge