Brain 🧠 Injuries 🤕

It has been over 10 1/2 years now. Many of my reader friends didn't know me then, don't really know my story now.

God has been so gracious. I should have died that day, twice over. I was not expected to survive the first night, even on full life support.

After God brought me through the first night, I was given maybe up to three days. I could not sit up. I could not roll my body. 

When I passed that first three days mark, doctors got me off life support and out of ICU by 5 1/2 days. But it was expected that I couldn't survive the week.

At 10 days my husband FOUGHT to get me a bed in a rehab hospital because the regular hospital said I might live for as long as a month or two, but would be a vegetable the whole time. God gave me an amazing Christian hospitalist and we became dear friends, still in touch to this day. .After nearly 2 months in the hospital, when I went home in a wheelchair to a hospital bed in our living room with 24/7 care, it was medically conceivable that I could possibly live a year, maybe even two.

Over the months and years, I relearned eating, seeing, walking with a walker, then a cane, toileting, communication, and so much more. Initially I had 1-3 medical appointments per day.

By the time I was down to just a few appointments per week, they thought I might survive for as long as 3-5 years.

This was over 10 1/2 years ago. Insurance stopped paying for therapy years ago. (I still push myself physically for several hours of home therapy per week and continue to make physical, mental, and emotional gains.) Doctors long-ago stopped speculating on my life expectancy. 

Look for InfertilityMom on YouTube and see June 15th's "1 Peter 5" video to see how far God has carried me.


 


All Scripture on this post is quoted from the Legacy Standard Bible (LSB).
Scripture quotations taken from the (LSB®) Legacy Standard Bible®, Copyright © 2021 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Managed in partnership with Three Sixteen Publishing Inc. LSBible.org and 316publishing.com

I would love to meet you through social media:


Specialty pages:
    infertility / loss - fb.com/HannahsHopeBook
    stroke - fb.com/StrokieGal
    current book project on church deception - fb.com/DeceptionUnmasked

Instagram @InfertilityMom
Pinterest @InfertilityMom

My books:

Read about my current book project about deceptions women face from within the church, at JenniferSaake.blogspot.com/2021/04/DeceptionUnmasked.html


Read more about infertility, miscarriage, adoption loss, and my first book, Hannah's Hope (written pre-stroke), at JenniferSaake.blogspot.com/2021/04/hannahs.html

 
Please enjoy a free pdf version of the introduction, my personal infertility / loss story, and the first chapter of Hannah's Hope at www.hannahshopebook.com/media/HannahHopeChapter1.pdf


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility, Miscarriage, Adoption Loss

Mom of 3 has 6 Strokes in Her 30s

Memory Challenge